Providing patients with a holistic approach to the healing process is important to the VNA of Florida and to help accomplish that goal, seven specialty disease management programs have been developed. Five of these disease management programs are designed for the treatment and management of chronic disease. The remaining two programs target joint replacement and issues surrounding falls. VNA of Florida’s five chronic disease management programs are:
- Heart Failure
- Lung Disease or COPD
- Memory Loss
Living with a chronic disease isn’t always easy, but with the VNA of Florida as your disease management partner, staying on top of your symptoms and minimizing your flare ups can become more easily attainable. VNA of Florida will help you develop the skills needed to better manage your disease and improve your quality of life.
Components of VNA of Florida Disease Management Programs
- Identify & Instruct on Reducing Risk Factors
- Disease Specific Education
- Self Management Training and Empowerment
- Medication Management/Reconciliation
- Schedule Follow-up Appointment with MD
- Diet Counseling
- Therapy – Physical, Speech and Occupational (as needed)
- Disease Management Tools (i.e. Scale, Blood Pressure Cuff, Exercise Peddler, Pulse Oximeter, Spiro Meter, Pill Box, Blood Sugar Monitor)
- Disease Specific Educational Workbook
- Telehealth Nurse Monitoring for up to 1 year
Contact us to learn more about VNA of Florida disease management programs.
All VNA employees are licensed and insured and have passed local, state and federal background checks.